Tuesday, March 12, 2013

80 Million At the Ganges


Though I am temporarily back in New York City, I'm still tethered to India in some way; suddenly I notice things, or take interest in things about India or its culture that would have previously not grabbed my interest. Living there has somehow connected my spiritually to this exotic land.  my soul, as I prepare to head back there at the end of the month.



I had never before heard of the Kumbh Mela festival in Allahabad [in northern India], and was fascinated by the article in New York Times Magazine that reported 80 million people came to experience the experience by a mystical river called the Saraswati.

Unfortunately I won't be able to check it out next year, because the event only happens once every 12 years.  I guess I'll have to search out other adventures to explore.

More to come from India in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment