Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dasara



Sweets, flowers and prayers mark the last two days of Dasara, yet another India holiday celebration. More celebrations  more Gods, yep, of course, I'm in India!

So like me, you might be thinking "what is Dasara?"  Actually you likely weren't, and If I were somewhere else I might not be prompted to know either. But, since I am here it seems only appropriate that I explore and learn at the same time.  
I was planning to go to the Mysore celebration, which is supposed to be fabulous, but then was warned that there are so many people that it a madhouse, so I opted to stay in Bangalore.
Anyway, there was an article that stated that "On the eve of Dasara, the city was filled with the hustle and bustle of people buying clothes for Ayudha Puja and Vijayadashami which bring an end to Dasara festivities," and I have put links to what each of those are and mean for your learning pleasure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment